• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems, Problems, please advice on a solid SLI mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tecy120

Registered
After RMAing my EVGA mobo Im now stuck as to what board to get. Time is ticking away and I havent a clue what board will give me the best performance, reliablity while being SLI with dual PCIe slots, both 16x electrical.

All im reading is tons of problems on all 680i motherboards. I would get the striker extreem but that seems to have CPU int errors, very sensitive on what memory it works with. The Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus cant use both cores on my 7950 GX2 so thats a no go. The EVGA kiled a stick of memory and the motherboard fan was realy noisy.:bang head

I actually just used the EVGA 680i in my most recent build (yesterday) and I'm running great. I actually think it's a great mobo :p

Not sure on what else to use though, thankfully I didn't have to RMA this one.

I believe you take a gamble any way you go. There's always the possibility of having problems with ANY board you get. Sorry you've been having so many issues. How about the ASUS Commando or the P5B Premium? Looking through Newegg at 965P chipsets with 2 PCIe x16 slots and support for Quad Core procs, those are the two I saw. Maybe someone else can offer some other options.

Im prety stuck. I liked the layout of the EVGA but that fan that comes with it is well noisy and the chipset gets rather hot. Im water cooling my pc soon so dont want loud fans.

I was looking at the Asus p5b32 e plus, but nobody can confirm if I can run my gfx card in the bottom PCIe at 16x electrical.

Also nobody can comfirm weather the 7950 gx2 will run on this board?

Knight3539 said:
I believe you take a gamble any way you go. There's always the possibility of having problems with ANY board you get. Sorry you've been having so many issues. How about the ASUS Commando or the P5B Premium? Looking through Newegg at 965P chipsets with 2 PCIe x16 slots and support for Quad Core procs, those are the two I saw. Maybe someone else can offer some other options.

Don't forget the Abit AW9D-MAX....awesome board.

Get the Asus Striker. From all the reviews I read it is the best 775 socket board out there.

xam5 said:
Get the Asus Striker. From all the reviews I read it is the best 775 socket board out there.
Do you have links? I've heard otherwise from the forums.

Abit makes a 680i MB but I think it is the one with lots of "FSB holes" (correct me if im wrong)

Asus striker seems too expensive...

DFI has released a 680i LT version, I hear its suposed to be good. Not 100% sure if it works out with your VID card...

I hear the gigabyte 680i is good, but im not a big fan of gigabyte (had issues with them in the past)

Back