• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead pixels or something else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E4300

I bought a 19" LCD last October. The brand is MAG.

Well now I'm seeing spots on it which I'm assuming are dead pixels. However I'm no expert on monitors but the pixels in the first picture really bother me. I took a close-up photograph of the spots. To see what I see with the naked eye you have to stand approximately 3 yards or one meter away from the monitor.

I'd appreciate your opinion since my monitor's got a 3 year warranty, specifically stating that it doesn't cover "less than 3 pixels".

Thank you!:)

Attachments

• all_pixels.jpg
    all_pixels.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 54
Dirt maybe? Try taking microfiber cloth (or any fine cloth) and wipe it. If it comes off, its dirt :).

Could it be dirt inside? I forgot to say in my first post that they can't be wiped off.

Ah...I can't see it on the last two pics...well...if they move, they are bugs, if not, dirt. The first picture shows that you don't have a dead pixel.

About the warranty, punch the monitor?

</sarcasm>

Back