• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP> BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR k7n2 delta2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muhon_zen

Hello, I'm in desperate need of help.

Today I was overclocking my computer and everything was fine. I ran cpu burn test and I got errors at 2400 Mhz (FSB 200MHz). I'm running the rig of my sig.

Anyway, I decided to go stock again so I restarted the cpu and went to the bios. The computer didn't start. So I decided to use the jumper mode to clear the CMOS. I then returned to the original position and started the comp. It didn't start at all...

I kept resetting and eventually a message appeared:

Code:
Award Bios v2.00
BIOS Checksum Error
Checking media A:

Please insert System disk and press enter.

My keyboard is useless at this point, won't work at all. I tried using a usb one (I'm using ps/2) and didn't work either. Anyway, I started looking for some info at forums and I found out that this is a "common" problem with this mobos. There was this guy that said that I should keep on resetting and that eventually the computer will decide to boot and there I should flash the bios.

So I downloaded from www.bootdisk.com a DRDOS image, made the floppy, downloaded the B3 bios from MSI, copied to the floppy, set the autoexec.bat to the following:

Code:
@echo off
awfl833d w6570nms.b30 /py /sn /sb

I had to make it automatic, because my keyboard doesn't respond when I boot from the DRDOS. Sometimes it won't even boot. I had the luck and eventually one worked and started flashing the bios, then the message came:

Code:
FLASH ROM WRITE PROTECTED
Please make sure the BIOS PROTECTION jumpers are off

This sucks! There's no bios protection jumper on my mobo I looked in the manuals and all over the mobo. >_>. So I kept on reading and discovered the /f key to force the flasher to overwrite the bios protection.

Now it starts the flasher, it shows my filename (w6570nms.b30) it says "please wait!" and starts loading from the diskette. Then it stops and freezes. This is the part that without using /f would say "FLASH ROM WRITE PROTECTED".

I don't know what to do! I need help to bring the PC back from the dead.

Thanks for reading.

Ok guys, I've fixed my problem. It seemed that I was trying to flash the bios with B3 and my BIOS installed was B5. That's why bios protection was on.

Back