• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to click "buy now"! Opinions please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Chum said:
General use and gaming...Thanks for reply...What don't you like about the RAM?
I wouldn't buy that brand. Go with something like Corsair, Mushkin...etc. For the same price, you can get a better brand.

I'd never buy another BFG card. Their policy about having to leave the stock heatsink on or voided warranty is the suck. Go with XFX or EVGA.

Not to mention my BFG 6800GS AGP card likes to randomly black screen, the only remedy for it is a power cycle.

Kilyin said:
Not to mention my BFG 6800GS AGP card likes to randomly black screen, the only remedy for it is a power cycle.
I don't think that is a problem with the brand, probably just a specific problem with your board or drivers. Don't blame the company unless you know for a FACT that it is their fault.

thideras said:
I don't think that is a problem with the brand, probably just a specific problem with your board or drivers. Don't blame the company unless you know for a FACT that it is their fault.

I do know it's the card, because when I swap it with another AGP card, it never happens. I was troubleshooting this for months (because the problem is so intermittent and can happen as infrequently as once every week or two, maybe less), and I am 100% positive it's the card. My PC is rock solid stable otherwise and typically only gets rebooted once a month if that.

Kilyin said:
I do know it's the card, because when I swap it with another AGP card, it never happens. I was troubleshooting this for months (because the problem is so intermittent and can happen as infrequently as once every week or two, maybe less), and I am 100% positive it's the card. My PC is rock solid stable otherwise and typically only gets rebooted once a month if that.

I did not say it wasn't your card. I said the company who made your card is not at fault.

thideras said:
I did not say it wasn't your card. I said the company who made your card is not at fault.

This is quickly getting offtopic, but if a company produces and manufactures a faulty product, it is most certainly their fault. It sure as heck isn't mine.

lol i clicked shells link and looked and saw the price went back to this thread and realised it was 2X1gb i was like f*** why do i have to live in a different country:p thats a good price.
then i looked on a site in my region and realised ram is cheap atm:p

Last edited:
Yeah thats an amazing price for the G skill and the Patriot memory. When I bought my memory it was like $213 and now it's $159.99

Asr940 said:
Even better. :)
Holy Crap!
$50 MIR! :eek:
I'm accustomed to completely ignoring MIRs... due to soo many of them being a load of crap, but that's a bit difficult to refuse.

But besides the MIR, the G.Skill sticks pretty much the same(if not minutely better thanks to the lower V's) if I remember...

just read this on mobo specs...

"Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets."

How can I be sure I get the right memory...the G-Skill is 1.9V

Chum said:
just read this on mobo specs... "Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets." How can I be sure I get the right memory...the G-Skill is 1.9V
You'll just have to set the memory's voltage and timings manually, it'll just default to 1.8v 5-5-5.
I've seen that mainboard run CL3@400MHz and CL4@500MHz without any problems.

Last edited:
Back