• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sneveTsS

Registered
I'm on the EVGA 680i w/ e6600 and for some reason I can not get the CPU voltage to go above 1.40v Whenever I set the voltage manually to ~1.45v, it will stay at ~1.38v. This is limiting my overclocking greatly and I have no idea how to fix it. I can set the voltage to auto and it will go to 1.416v, but if I take it off of auto, it will stay at 1.36-1.38v.

Thanks for the help.

Leave it on auto...lol

Have you updated the bios?Try the lastest bios.Sometimes even reflashing the same bios can fix a problem if the bios flash was screwed up some way.My DS3 would give the ight voltage to any program.I reflashed the bios and now its working fine(just a thought but it might work)

Well, I'm limited because my CPU can't get enough voltage to ORTHOS for more than an hour even at 3.4ghz. I will see if I can find a newer BIOS for that motherboard and see if that helps it.

Any other ideas?

whats the model of the EVGA board? how do you know its not getting higher then 1.38v?

cpu-z and the BIOS.

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

That is the MOBO.

Awesome! I'm at work now, so I can't do a whole lot, but as soon as I get home I will definitely go ahead and do that. I noticed it also fixes the temps in the BIOS which is great, because it shows me at 65dC when I'm at 31dC, lol.

Thanks a bunch.

xtreme_ego said:
oh i have that mobo(680 i) it has massive vdroop. i set 1.4235 to get 1.39-1.4 volts

FTW, btw. I've really had to kick it up to get the amount of volts I want.

I leave mine on auto works fine just finish testing my E6600 for over 17 hours i might leave orthos running longer hasnt crash or anything i still have to adjust some memory things here and there I need to also install my scythe ninja hoping to get an even higher oc and stable like this one so far i put up some pics still runing on stock cooler :beer:

Attachments

• orthos.JPG
    orthos.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 23
  • cpuz1.JPG
    cpuz1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 24
  • cpuz2.JPG
    cpuz2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 21
  • temps.JPG
    temps.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 28
Well, I can run on auto fine up until 3.3ghz. I'm running at 3.6ghz and I then have to start messing with my voltages. It's not nearly as stable as 3.3 by any means, but I can definitely notice the difference between the two. My idle temps are around 35cD and load about +20 @ 55dC.

And I'm running 1:1, so that is pretty swell.

Back