• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best MB for e6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Over_maher

Registered
Hi all

Im looking for some adive on a MB im going to be using the E6600 with the thermalright ultra 120 extreme (when available) and some PC2-8500 ram, ive heard gd things about the asus P5b deluxe however there's still quite a lot of issues for that board on the forums, does anyone rate the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 ?

Im looking to get my system to 3.2/3.4ghz

Any help is always most appreciated !

Over_maher

Every board has its issues ;)

If you are new to theoverclocking business, I'd go with the P5B-D. Also, the P5W-DH is a great solid, stable board.

There are lots of good choices for your needs. I'm happy with my Asus P5N-E SLI which is running an E6600 @ 3.6 GHz. I previously owned a Gigabyte P965-DS3 which was also rock solid although it's an older revision than is sold today.

My EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 is doing quite well (see signature) but I had 4 DOA EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR boards prior to the A1. My Asus Commando just died. To paraphrase from earlier, you can have problems with about any board.

But if you get a good board having a 1066 strap, the E6600 you have should allow a great overclock. With my overclock of the NBcoreclock, I've been able to push both the cpu and memory up to levels that are pretty good.

I'm just curious (I know it's not that new), but is the P5N32-SLI Deluxe still a worth having for general OC'ing, and all-around being stable?

Back