• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

won a new PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
I ended up winning a powersupply at a LAN party. A Tagan TG900-U95 PSU is what I ended up winning. I really have no use for it in my Gaming rig but I may replace the 650 Ablecom/supermicro PSU that is in my server as it is only 650watts and is powering two 2.6Ghz Xeons and 7 harddrives and soon to be 11 harddrives. What do you guys think. My other option is I could sell the PSU.

Hazaro said:
Well your server is working isn't it :) Sell it!
Ya, but hes gonna add a few more hdds.

650w SHOULD be enough, if your really worried you can always hook the hdds up to one and use two psus :D

Hazaro said:
HDD don't use up alot of power
Though a bunch of them can eat up some power. Also, my hard drives are PRIMARY. every other part of my system is secondary. parts can be replaced not data. (Yes depends on how deep you go and data recovery is a PITA).

The Supermicro-Ablecom is a far better unit. It is built by Lite-ON and will out-regulate your Tagan/Topower. I would treat that Topower like a 700W unit.

well I think I will get rid of the 900Watt, its way more power then I need for Blue-Phoenix and I believe that Ablecom will be plenty for Zero-One even after adding another 4 hard drives w/ raid controller. Do you think I would be able to trade someone this PSU for an 8800GTS 640MB version?

Back