• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QuadCore only has 2 F@H processes running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squirrel

Registered
I recently upgraded from my 'old' Extreme Conroe to an Extreme Quadcore (working for Chipzilla has some advantages :D ). The problem is Taskman only shows 2 F@H processes running (and 50% CPU usage).

History: Used Wedos dual core installer on the Dual Core Conroe, then upgraded the CPU to a Quadcore. Tried using the Wedo Quadcore installer, but no change.

Do I need to uninstall F@H, then use Wedos Quadcore installer?

I'd love to get these 2 idle cores Folding ASAP.

Thanks,

'Dad'
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Dad&teamnum=32

yes, Wedo's OneClick for dual processors will only use 2 core! you can either uninstall the OneClick for dual core and reinstall it for quad core, or much better yet, use the WindowsSMP client!! you can download the client from F@H site and be sure to read the instruction!!

:cool:

What operating system are you running? If Windows then you must use XP Pro or something like 2003 server; XP Home or Windows 2000 will not "see" 4 cores.

Back