• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contest closed officially, thank you for all the Entries!!! Voting will commence soon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeeDj

Do YOU have what it takes?!?!? --- A New Contest!

:cool: Do you crave worldwide recognition ?

:D Do you long for bragging rights ?

:eek: Want to show the world what you are capable of ?

Then I have just the thing for you! Your Seti Team needs you, we need some graphics designed up and in the true team spirit we are looking for aspiring individuals to submit some! Want to show of your Imagery Wizardry ? Well then now is the time! Here goes nothing...

Herein are the rules to which we are going to conduct our contest. What follows are the guidelines that need to be adhered to, to make a successful image with which to vote upon. The contest will run the duration of approximately one month, all entries need to be received by the deadline of January 11, 2002 by 12PM Central Standard time in order to be voted upon. There will be two images needed one will be the top banner for our new site layout (We will be switching the site over to a frames layout) and the second one will be one to which people can use as a link on their personal homepages to direct them over to the www.OCSetiTeam.com site. All entries must be submitted to me at [email protected] I will then in turn post them upon here for everyone to take a look at and start thinking about which one you would like to vote for. Once the deadline of January 11th has expired I will then place a Poll in the Seti Thread of the forums in which you can then vote for your favorite. The voting will be conducted for two weeks. The winner/s will then be notified and credit will be given upon the site. Once entries have been submitted they become the property of www.OCSetiTeam.com

Top banner submissions must adhere to the following guidelines...
  • All top banner images must be adhering to the size of 750pix wide X 100pix tall.
  • They must be submitted in JPEG format.
  • The color scheme can be any of your choosing.
  • It must contain the words; www.overclockers.com, Seti Team, OC SetiTeam, or any derivative thereof.
  • Please no animated top banner submissions.
  • They must also contain the words; Main, Team Stats, Indiv Stats, Top 50s, Members, Site News, and Links.
  • It would also be nice if it contained pictures related to space, or pictures of such type.
  • For an example please refer to our main site page to get an idea, www.ocsetiteam.com

Link banner submissions must adhere to the following guidelines...
  • All link banner images must be adhering to the size of 200pix wide X 60pix tall.
  • They may be submitted in either JPEG or GIF format (For all you animation savvy out there).
  • The color scheme can be any of your choosing.
  • It must contain the words; Seti Team, OC SetiTeam, or any derivatives thereof.
  • It may be animated or static, depending on your preference. Please not too big a filesize!
  • It is left entirely up to your creativity as to what it may contain, nothing of a questionable nature will be allowed.

Again please have some fun with this, the Link banner's will all be posted on the website when the contest is done with instructions for those non-net savvy folks who want to put a link on their personal pages.

You can find samples and a copy of the Contest rules at http://65.29.172.39/Seticontest/
This will also be where all entries will be posted for all to vote on.
Think you can do it ? :cool:

Sincerely, J

Dost thou challenge my graphic making abilities?

Well, you should. I don't have many. :D I'll still see what I can whip up, though. :)

Thelemac said:
Dost thou challenge my graphic making abilities?

Well, you should. I don't have many. :D I'll still see what I can whip up, though. :)
Bring it... lol We already got a submission, keep em coming people there is no limit to the amount you may submit.

J

Ok.....that seems very, very good..... SpeedDJ would you consider integrating into the contest a team logo. This could be used in the stickers and t-shirts.

You know that the idea has been floating around for quite some time. I was just trying to get it done, but I haven't had no response so far. When we have a winner, I can get the first stickers done in lest than 2 weeks after the contest is finished. So could you add to the contest the following:

Team logo submissions must adhere to the following guidelines...

• All team logo images must be from 2" X 1" to 1" X 1"
  • They must be submitted in jpeg format (no animations please)
  • The color scheme can be any of your choosing
  • Must contain SETI and OC in any design desrired
  • Must be 5 colors maximum (try to keep it to 4 base colors and one background color
  • Try to do a print preview at your home, trying to do it so that you could print it at 400 dpi with good quality

We could add that on to the contest after this one has run out, unless you guys would prefer I add it on now? Let me know.

J

Let's just see how good MS Paint can do! Sucks not to have any good graphics software...

Who knows... Mabey I'll whip up something astonishing with it durring Winter Break! :D Something so good, it puts the rest of the avatar guild to shame!!!

JigPu

Paintshop pro is a nice little program especially for that free trial period which runs just about the length of our contest! Check it out, good find Mark.

J

We now have some more entries! Keep em coming guys. Mictlan if you would like to post the ones you are getting as well let me know. [email protected]

Last edited:
Still need some more entries guys!!! The deadline is fast approaching, put some of that Image wizardry to work :cool:

J

aite dogs..

just finished mine..

Im rather new here... no-one likes me.. haha..
I really dont speak much.. just kinda look.. keep silent... oh well.. im out now!!!!!!!!

I mailed them.. with Fragile.. haha.. naa but.. I slaved over them... thats 2 hours of my life... phew..

Oh well.. back to surfing the board..

Re: aite dogs..

-=Godspeed9mm=- said:
just finished mine..

Im rather new here... no-one likes me.. haha..
I really dont speak much.. just kinda look.. keep silent... oh well.. im out now!!!!!!!!

I mailed them.. with Fragile.. haha.. naa but.. I slaved over them... thats 2 hours of my life... phew..

Oh well.. back to surfing the board..
thanks

If I could make 1..

.. Im sure u guys can! that PSP trial ownes.. i format about every 30 days anyways.. so its an unlimited trial for me.. haha..

egh.. i guess thats just me.. i format alot.. clean sys = smooth sys.

peace ppl.. MORE ENTRYS!!

That's right guys the clock is ticking, don't you want to help out your OC Seti Team? Keep those entries coming! Before it's too late...

J

Last chance ppl..

Common.. i havent seen many posters.. i know more of you guys can do it... you only got a few hours.. and its almost friday.. put aside that homework and DO IT!!! homework can wait!!

Pep talk??

peace, Godspeed

:)

Über~PhLuBB said:
5 days past the deadline. Who won? Am I missing the voting thread?

It's being worked on. We should have it shortly.

Back