• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Computer Rail Compatibility?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniph

Hello there!
My friend Luke just bought a new computer and I told him I would come over and set it up for him. He bought a dual +12v rail power supply, a silverstone 500w element series, and an asus p5b motherboard, which has a single 12v rail. So anyway, i hooked it up so that 4 of the connectors were not being used and booted it up. When it turns on, it powers up fine for about 5 seconds, then shuts off, then turns back on and stays on. When it turns on again, nothing comes on the screen.... which may not be related.
When the computer turns off and back on, i'm guessing that the power supply has to readjust to the connectors, or maybe it's just failing, do you guys know?
And also, does connecting like this work?

Thank you in advance.

So i found the 8 to 4 pin adapter that came with the power supply, i seemed to look over it. :| :eek:

EDIT: It still does the Reboot thing, any advice?

Back