• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WRT54GS Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TylerDurden

Hi.

My router is acting up suddenly.
A few days ago I could connect to online game servers no problem. Now I can't connect to some such as Prey and Quake 4. When I only connect using the modem, I can access them fine.

The router is wired to my computer. I have DMZ enabled on the computers IP (and I know it works because I can't use Utorrent if DMZ isn't on that IP).
I'm stuck and don't know what to do, I have the latest firmare (well, Tomato. But before that I had the official newest [dated to '06]), everything in the router config seems fine.

I think I could make it work if I port forward, but that stuff is really annoying and shouldn't DMZ take care of that?

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to play those games

A clever guy... hows that working out for ya?

I would try the official firmware. you can also try manually setting the DNS servers. (that has worked for me on rare occasions in the past). make sure that you change the default password, there are ways programs can change things if you keep the default password.

Actually No, DMZ will not take care of that. all DMZ does is forward all ports to your computer in a way.

check to see if anything is being blocked, try to disable any firewalls if possible. other than that, idk

Back