• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 X 1GB) PC2-8000 $109 after google checkout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustChill

$109 shipped for these tracers I thought that was a good deal, esp. cause the other ballistix for 99 are done. this one has a 40 MIR untill the 13th so get them while you can. Also buy.com has history of running out quick

......LINKY.....

great deal if I didnt already have my ballistix from the previous deal I would be all over this. Heck I might even pick up this as the rebates wordings dont seem to prevent you from buying both kits and sending in both rebate forms.

oh God...
the ram prices are almost the reason for me to just take the plunge and finally go to core2... i just feel like i may not see real life performance upgrade from my opteron 165... =/

just unreal how freakin awesome these deals are... i'm really debating on picking up a pair of these 2gb deals, a really nice mobo, and a cheap allendale to hold me off for quad-core budget deals... but who knows what AMD will have by the time i do buy a quad-core chip.

you could sell your current mobo, cpu, and memory then pick up this an alendale and a good mobo and you would be set for awhile without breaking the bank. Also you should be able to push your that res more then you used to and allow that video card to last awhile longer comfortably until you want to move to dx10.

Also you should be able to push an alendale better then most with not only this memory but with our water cooling setup at well. I would look for a used alendale though as if you are buying retail you might as well just get a e6420 or e6320 instead.

considering the price I would say go for it.

yup Micron D9GMH (B6-3). Crucial is a division of Micron so all but their value ram uses D9, heck even some of their value stuff has it too. The only real negative is dealing with the leds on the top of this memory.

BossBorot said:
you could sell your current mobo, cpu, and memory then pick up this an alendale and a good mobo and you would be set for awhile without breaking the bank. Also you should be able to push your that res more then you used to and allow that video card to last awhile longer comfortably until you want to move to dx10.

Also you should be able to push an alendale better then most with not only this memory but with our water cooling setup at well. I would look for a used alendale though as if you are buying retail you might as well just get a e6420 or e6320 instead.

considering the price I would say go for it.
oh boy... if coupled with leet ram such as this, and a kickass mobo, would the allendale be more snappy than my 165? as for the video card, i'm in no need of something better just yet... i only play source IF AT ALL cuz i'm too busy with xbox 360 these days when it comes to games...

oh God...
the ram prices are almost the reason for me to just take the plunge and finally go to core2... i just feel like i may not see real life performance upgrade from my opteron 165... =/

just unreal how freakin awesome these deals are... i'm really debating on picking up a pair of these 2gb deals, a really nice mobo, and a cheap allendale to hold me off for quad-core budget deals... but who knows what AMD will have by the time i do buy a quad-core chip.
Godman just pickup a used core2 (like the one that lanshark is selling in the classies) and a gigabyte DS3(rev 1.3) board this mem and you will be in to intell for less than $350......sell your stuff and your set....
as for performance boost I was comming from a X2 4400 @3.0GHZ and the performance diff. was eye opening to say the least...

The only real negative is dealing with the leds on the top of this memory.

what is wrong wioth the LED's. I have a windowed case with rapter x's, clear top on my mcp355 (with LED), water cooling tubes, ect... I think the LED's will be a nice add. for those who like the wow factor. My non enthus. friends are even like "wow that thing is crazy" then, "How much for you to build me one".......

Back