• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI nf4 ultra-d raid 1 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I need to know how to install windows in a raid 1 of a nf4 ultra-d, I got to the point where the installation is done and the computer boots up for the first time, the problem is that when it first boots the drives are still showing up as two different drives, as if they are not in raid so the os only writes to one of them and when it restarts the os won't boot because one drive is different from the other.

edit: I found out that after the installation is done, right when the os first boots it installs another driver, and that driver splits the drivers into two again screwing up everything, how can I prevent the driver from being installed when I boot.

Last edited:
Avg said:
...the problem is that when it first boots the drives are still showing up as two different drives
Set the RAID as the boot device before it does the first boot. The BIOS can't see the RAID until it's installed so you can't set it as the boot device before the install. After the install, with RAID setup, the BIOS is still set to boot from the first drive it sees, not the RAID. You have to interupt that first boot and set the RAID as the boot device then.

Back