• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 4000+ 939 temps/question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BTK

I have an E6 Revision A64 4000+ 939 2.4 GHz

Stepping is LCBBE and default vcore is 1.392

I have it at 2.92 GHz (11x265)

for ram if anyone needs it

4x512mb g skill zx 2-3-3-5 @ DDR 418 2T 2.7 volts

all stable 15 hours orthos/8 hours memtest 86/32M super pi mod/5+ hours gaming

question now is recently my arctic freezer 64 pro got thrown away (don't ask me to go into it) and i had to get an apline 64 HSF

well now my cpu is idling (42-47c) and it's loading 55-62C is that too much?

I have AS5 on it..........badly seated or is alpine that bad? is my cpu going to die in a week from heat/overvoltage? amd phone ppl said it was fine and 70c was max temp but idk about them........anything i can do with hsf to make betteer temps (lap).......I have 0 $$ right now

maybe i can replace freezer ina few months

here's alpine

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186010

well the amd guy said 70c is max or w/e and 60c is fine but screw them..........

but is the apline that mad or mounted bad?

anything i can do i can't get a new hsf for a while and i need my max stable oc right now

As SeasonalEclipse said 50C on full load is more or less a ceiling for me too.

My o/ced SD4000 @ 2.88Ghz idles at 34C and full load Prime95 at 48C. Add a couple of deg during the summer months.

Good Luck

did you tell the amd guy you were running a huge overclock? 70c temp shutoff is with everything at stock, i remember a users post from a different thread like this, it went something like:tcasemax be ok if you were running stock speeds and settings, but you're running a high overclock and increased voltage. i wouldnt trust +55c on an a64 at stock speeds.

edit: and please. try to keep the amount of threads down, try to ask multiple questions in the same thread instead of creating a new thread for each question

Back