• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still high temps with my 7dxr. pls read..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

as some of ya know if been trying everything on eaeth to lower my temps.. well i spent 2 hours working on my system.. lapped the water block till everyinch of it was hitting the sand paper(i could only find 400grit, it seems pretty smooth, but didnt leave a mirror finish) used different distilled water(i used a store and, and salt or something started building up heavy in my block) and im useing fresh new tubeing..
sitting here typeing in the forums with only like 2 non-cpu crunching appz @ 49~51C (mbm5)
room temp is 19~22c
incase temp is 21c (mbm5)

i was serching hard forums, and i came apon this post.. here "sensor on the 7DXR is VERY accurate because its touching the back of the CPU...everyone complained about this mobo running hot but they were just used to air temps in the socket"
thats half true, there is a temp prob, that touches the back of my cpu.. but ive heard many ppl saying it reports temps higher then what they really are..

ok heres why i mainly posted, is im looking for someone with this motherboard and around the speed althon i have, and someone that has one of those compunurses so they could report temps from right next to the cpu die.. im looking for all this info and more if i can..
alot of ppl on hardforums has this mobo, but they banned hotmail email accounts, so if neone has an account there could u see if someone would help me out? ill try and give smething in return if wanted.. thanks to anyone that can slove this long pain in the ...

Back