• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI on Crossfire board. possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hugonow

Registered
I have the oportunity to acquire one other 7950 gx2 for $175, and that's very good price for that card.
My board is designed for Crossfire, but I know that it can run SLI with modded drivers.

My question is: The most recent modded drivers I found are the 8xx series, and those can't enable Quad SLI. Anyone here know about some patch or modded drivers 93.xx or newer that I can try to enable QuadSLI on xp64?

I definitely dont want to replace my board, and I wont spend some more bucks in a new SLI nvidia chipset board, just because they don't want to support other chipsets than theirs.

Thanks

you could probably find some information about modded drivers with a google search, if you don't want to wait for replies here.

I would actually say, ditch the 7950's and get an 8800...quad Sli bombed.

I know that doesn't really help you, but I have no experience with quad Sli or modded drivers...

I'd say go with that aswell, if you can just sell your current 7950 Gx2 and put the $175 towards an 8800 you'd be better off in the long run.

but then you wouldnt have bragging rights of quad SLi :(

Clockwork_Apple said:
I'd say go with that aswell, if you can just sell your current 7950 Gx2 and put the $175 towards an 8800 you'd be better off in the long run.

but then you wouldnt have bragging rights of quad SLi :(
If someone bragged about having quad Sli, I'd chuckle a little inside since my 8800 could take it.

You will have a nightmare trying to run Quad SLI on a none SLI mobo. You might as well make your own drivers.

Ditch your card and get your self a 8800.

well, thanks for the replies..
I already searched google, but I found nothing.. and like my brother said "if you dont find it in google it doesnt exist." lol

I see that it will be a waste of money I will never get quad sli to work on this board, so I will follow your advices..

Thanks guys :)

Back