• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UMM, i dont see anything in the newest 8800GTS drivers where i can modify AA/ AF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Copy following text to the new .txt file and save it as NV Classic CP.reg.
Run.
You get the old ForceWare menu, eventhough you have newest drivers :beer:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Coolbits file
; Copyright (c) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000001
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000001

pinx said:
Run.

Code:

do i have to do that? none of the menus even allow me to adjust AA or AF... when i had the ATI card, there were myriads of options... oh well

When you open the nVidia Control Panel, you don't see the Manage 3D Settings option in the LH pane of the Advanced Options menu... w/ the Global and Program Settings tabs?

redduc900 said:
When you open the nVidia Control Panel, you don't see the Manage 3D Settings option in the LH pane of the Advanced Options menu... w/ the Global and Program Settings tabs?
nope, no such thing

Which OS are you running, and what drivers do you have installed for your VC? Do you have any tweaking utilities installed like nHancer, RivaTuner, ATITool, CoolBits, etc.?... and if so, are you using any of these utilities to modify the settings of your card?

redduc900 said:
Which OS are you running, and what drivers do you have installed for your VC? Do you have any tweaking utilities installed like nHancer, RivaTuner, ATITool, CoolBits, etc.?... and if so, are you using any of these utilities to modify the settings of your card?
im running XP home, i downloaded the latest driver from nvidia.com.... it came with the control panel software but it just gives me general monitor options and nothing else

No, you don't have to do that registry trick.
But IMO, the new UI is crappy, I don't like it.

freeagent said:
did you try clicking the advanced tab? because everything is there... in manage 3d settings.

wtf, i might have to reinstall the drivers then, im not getting that option menu

Use Driver Cleaner Pro in Safe Mode, and clean all options with Nvidia. Be careful not to delete "Nforce" stuff, that's related to your Mobo/Chipset driver (if you got an nForce-based Motherboard, that is). Using that tool in Safe Mode to clean the drivers traces always assured (at least for me) that I wouldn't see any major problems when installing new drivers.

pinx said:
Run.

Code:

That no longer works with the later 8800 drivers as the old CP has been removed from the drivers completely.

Viper

Un-Kut said:
where in the world is the game settings?

Actually you should let the game control the AA and AF settings but you should still be able see the force settings in the NV CP.

Viper

It works for me. Screenshot is in the attachment.

ForceWare 158.22

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 48
Back