• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700+ and A8N-SLI D No Video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I am putting together a system for my GF (build in sig). Now this old A8N-SLI D is not posting with video. It has no system beeps and no video. No system beeps on boot with or without the card. I don't know what it's problem is. I did a LONG (a day atleast) CMOS clear with the battery out. The mobo starts up with power to the video card fan, cpu, and nf4 fan.

I can't figure out why it's not working . I have the jumper set to single video and tried both video slots. I know it's not the CPU or ram since I have used both in another build recently. HELP!!! I really cannot spend anymore on this build and I need the video to be working. :(

What a depressing 1000th post.

Edit. see post #3

Last edited:
Opteron 1100 said:
did u plug in the CPU power ?

All power connections are in...

I get a beep message of 1 long, 2 short. Which means it is a video issue.

"1long, 2 short
Video adapter error
Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly. "

I've cleaned the slot several times with 91% isopropyl alcohol and still no video. I can't get it to work... I might try the freezer trick.

You may want to try taking the card out and posting without to see what code you get.

jonspd said:
You may want to try taking the card out and posting without to see what code you get.

Tried that. No beeps. I sent the board back for RMA... The board was plain dead.

Back