• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need reccomendations for a new Wii game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyHolly

I bought and solved Zelda... I played a few other games so far but nothing really struck me as worth the $50.

What are some other really good games that I should just go out and buy? (I dont like to rent.)

I've heard good about Elebits. Wii Play is good for $50 (where $40 of that is towards a new Wiimote). WarioWare is supposed to be great as well.

Personally I'm waiting for MP3:Corruption.

I didn't really like WarioWare (the gameplay wasn't for mE) you should try paper mario.

Didn't like Warioware or Paper Mario much, so far my favorite is Rayman Ravin Rabbids.

Moved to Console Gaming Systems.

SSX Blur is one of the finest examples to date of utilizing Wiimote motion sensing, and it's an absolutely fantastic game to boot.

Super Swing Golf makes good use of the motion controls, too. Plus it's super-fun!

Excite Truck is pretty good. Get it used if you can, 'cause it's not worth $50, but it is still a good game.

Sports is great. I love bowling and boxing. You're really playing against yourself in those two games.

Rayman is pretty good. Some of the mini games are really challenging.

And I like Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for its mini games as well for the party factor.

I'm waiting for Mario Party, and hoping they come out with an FPS where you hold the Wii remote like a gun. Ultimately though, I hope they make a Star Wars lightsaber duel game!

drshivas said:
Ultimately though, I hope they make a Star Wars lightsaber duel game!

Yeah, Star Wars games have a history of cartoony gfx (I don't mean that in a bad way) and it could be the Wii's Halo if it was well done.

Last edited:
OC Noob said:
Paper Mario, unless you plan to play a lot up front, then a rental would do depending on how rabid you are.

rented it from blockbuster and beat it in about 8hrs. Not that good of a game IMO

I disagree. I think Super Paper Mario is a fantastic game. It's just not worth $60. That's the syndrome that seems to be affecting the Wii at this juncture. There's just not many games out that are actually worth the prices they are charging for them, which is why renting is so important at this point in time.

there 60$ in Canada? Damn, only 50$ here. IMO, if I can beat a game in 8hrs (ie a weekend), its not worth my money. I doubt I could beat Zelda in that time. And with the VC games I just got (Maria 64 and Ocarina of Time) I doubt I'll be buying anything but the newest zelda anytime soon. Another thing I think that is affecting Wii owners, is were all waiting for other games, namely Mario Galaxy and the new Smash Brothers

Yeah I was dissapointed in a few recent Mario games. Especially with Super Mario for the DS. (I took the time to get every coin on every level but there was no special ending for all that work..rrrgh) So I might just rent Paper Mario.

How about that new Call of Duty? I have not been impressed with them on other systems and a few people here said that its not as good playing the game using the Wii controllers. I do like these types of games usually though.

Also, how about those 2 flying games? I think one was named Heat or something like that and I forgot the other. I really liked the Ace Combat games if they have that?

Finally is Need For Speed out for the Wii? I love crashing cars for points.

I haven't played COD or NFSMW yet on Wii. I played NFSMW on PC, it looks amazing. I'm waiting to rent CoD so I can play with a bud of mine.

Rainless prediction number TWO: (After "No you numskulls, Sony will not go out of business in six months.") "The Wii will be a system with wonderful potential and no games."

I said it a hundred kazillion times, minimum. Without actively seeking 3rd party support the Wii would be in horrible trouble. I believe the argument somebody made was that the strong hardware sales would attract 3rd party developers. But, like I mentioned, that wasn't taking into account the system's shortcomings, the fact that many developers were already in Sony and Microsoft's pockets, and the unwillingness of the remaining developers to overcome the obstacles associated with the Wii.

For some bizarre reason there was public outcry over the damned Wii strap but there's no outcry over the lack of titles. If you're going to constantly wait for Nintendo to put out a new game themselves, then you're only going to average one game every six months (which you may or may not like.)

Make your voices heard! Nintendo has already proven (with the wriststrap thing... and MKII come to think of it) that if enough people talk, they'll listen.

Here's hoping the starstruck finally come up with something to say.

Well, Nintendo have managed to finagle a few good 3rd parties into making games. EA, Ubi and a few other companies who originally were going to work heavily with the PS3 took a look at their latest profit projections and said 'Damn. Y'know, if we were working on Wii games and not PS3 games we'd actually be making money'. Plus there's the new studio that Nintendo just purchased a controlling interest in. Namco/Bandai have pledged like, 40 games for the system (including a new Soul Calibur adventure game that I'm kinda looking forward to), Capcom is testing the waters w/ a very reasonably priced Resident Evil 4 Wii edition and their on-rails shooter that I'll definitely rent. Suda Goichi is working on No More Heroes, and that's looking like it has real promise in the early builds they're showing (that, and it's pro'lly as close to a light sabre as you're going to get for awhile) :).

Nintendo just released their list of summer releases, and included on it are more than a few games that'll keep people busy inside, rather than getting skin cancer ;)

From Nintendo's Press Release - Via Destructoid.com
Whether you’re a longtime gamer who likes classic franchises or a newcomer aiming to keep your brain sharp, Nintendo’s summer lineup of games has something for you. Nintendo’s offerings are anchored by key Wii™ games like Metroid Prime® 3 Corruption and Mario Strikers™ Charged. Nintendo DS™ owners can challenge their minds with games like Brain Age™ 2: More Training in Minutes a Day and the new picture-based puzzle game, Picross DS™.

Licensees also are demonstrating a strong commitment to Wii and Nintendo DS by announcing more than 40 titles in all genres. The unique controls of Wii and Nintendo DS make the Nintendo platform versions of these games entirely new experiences. No matter what your taste or experience level, you’ll keep busy this summer!

Wii

July 30 - Mario Strikers Charged, Nintendo
Aug. 20 - Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Nintendo
September - Battalion Wars 2, Nintendo
Aug. 14 - High School Musical: Sing It!, Disney Interactive Studios
Aug. 14 - Madden NFL ‘08, EA
August - Tiger Woods PGA Tour ‘08, EA
August - Space Station Tycoon, Namco Bandai
August - Brunswick Pro Bowling, Crave
August - Dave Mirra BMX Challenge, Crave
August - Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, Crave
September - Brothers in Arms, Ubisoft
September - Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal, Warner Bros.
September - George of the Jungle, Crave
Fall - Boogie, EA

There's a few in there worth having a look at, I think. I still want No More Heroes and Opoona, though.

Ehh, SuperSwing Golf is phenomenal, as is SSX Blur... Saying it has "No games" is silly, when you should be saying "It has no games that I would like to play" is more accurate ;).

Back