• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHCI, missing a drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dirtnapper

I installed XP Pro the other day along with the JMicron dirvers for AHCI. I did F6 and used Gigabyte GBB363 AHCI. Under Intergrated Peripherals in BIOS I enabled SATA AHCI MODE, Onboard SATA/IDE Device and Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode set to AHCI. I have the WD Raptor on GSATAII0 and the WD1600JB on IDE as a slave with the Optical DVD/CD. The Maxtor 6B100MO is on SATAII0. However, I am not able to access the Maxtor, yet it shows in BIOS. :bang head When I go through POST, I see the SATA driver for Intel load and the Gigabyte. Under the Gigabyte I can see the Raptor, WD and Optical. I also see the Maxtor under the Intel AHCI. Did I miss something? Thanks.

Update

I went back and changed the Intel to IDE....sure enough the Maxtor shows up. Chances are that the Maxtor was just an IDE HD with a SATA interface slapped on it. I got it about a year ago, and nothing for info shows on Seagate's site about it. I will have to see if I have the paperwork on it.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with a SATA DVD drive which was obviously just a PATA drive with a SATA adaptor. I ended up using it on the JMicron controller on my P5B.

Back