• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeps Locking up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=HN=- Wild9

i dont really know where i would post this at due to the fact it deals with a video card driver and an OS plus hardware.

well i am running win2k right now plus the setup that is in my sig.
i had it overclocked to 1.6 ghz and i installed the new dentonator drivers at the nvidia site. cant remember the exact number cause it was late last night. but anyways, i install them, reboot and the system just locks up when windows loads up, sometimes i can open a folder before it locks up and sometimes i cant even logon .
i cleared the CMOS still locks up, my swiftech it working fine and well i dont know what would be the problem. any suggestions??
i even tried to boot in safemode and i get lockups. :(

what the heck, now i got it working and im happy again :)
waited about 20 mins for it to load up safe mode and uninstalled the 23.11 xp drivers and went back to 21.83 and everything worked fine. man i have had nothing but trouble with nvidia chipsets and drivers . im glad i got my dad a raedeon for christmas.

Back