• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I using the wrong drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terranova

Ok, so i use the creative Internet Explorer plug-in to detect my sound card blah blah get the right driver blah blah blah, ya well im starting to think that these drivers dont work. I use the latest driver it pulls up and install it, but it doesnt install any of the other things like, Surround Mixer, THX Setup, Speaker Settings, EAX Advanced HD Console and the Eualizer thing. So i just use the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS CD that came with the card and install them from there disabling installment of windows drivers and bloated things i dont want. But from doing this i always get an error saying that no sound device is detected, none of the EAX features are enabled and the EQ doesnt load up. Can anyone tell me why this is doing this? Notice none of the EAX features are even showing up under the EAX Console.

Attachments

• untitled2.GIF
    untitled2.GIF
    179.7 KB · Views: 28
Try here linky for newer drivers, but there probably the same as on your cd, I have an ageing SB Live 5.1 and creative never updated the drivers.

Back