• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5N-E SLI NF650i SLi opinions ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Over_maher

Registered
Hi all

Does anybody have this board ? (Asus P5N-E SLI NF650i SLi) is it any good for overclocking ??? does anybody know what the bus goes to - will it easily go 425-450mhz?

it seems quite nice for the price, i can't decide whether to go quad or c2d at the moment probably quad if the price is right. Hence my question regading the bus speed, my memory is ocz 8500 so i would really like something that will have a 400+ bus that oc's well and is a gd stable board.

What do people think ???

Help is always most appreciated.

the lower pci-e lanes is what would keep me from using it for SLI unless you sticking with just mid range cards like 7600's or 8600's.

Hi

apparently it has 2x pci express x16 so surely it will be able to run 2 8800, is that right ?

Ive done a bit more research and it appears that in sli it support 2 - 8x rather than x16, does this mean that it won't run 2 8800 ? how do you know whether the card is running express x16,x8 etc ??? im sure most oc people will know this so which cards run at the x8 for sli use ???

Finally would i be able to run 1 8800 and another lower card in sli or is having a 8800 going to limit this board to 1 gpu ???

Last edited:
i have the p5n-e and part of me wants to replace it with p5n32-e so i have the 2x16 lanes.

my e6600 has zero prob hitting 3.75GHz with this board though. gotta love that 9x multi.

Back