• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange vcore readings on DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mysterfix

OK, to make a long story short I decide to double check my vcore with my digital multimeter and boy was I surprised!

For starters the board doesn't seem to register any vcore changes untill I get upto 1.5v in bios, it reads 1.35v on my meter up untill I hit 1.5v. Then it reads 1.38 to 1.4v (fluctuates + or - .02v). Now what I'm really confused about is that the cpu temp seems to respond to the vcore changes but the voltage never seems to change untill the 1.5v mark. At 1.6v set in bios my meter is reading 1.4v with no fluctuation but the temps are 52ºc-54ºc on water, at stock vcore temps don't go above 30ºc in a very warm room (75ºf-78ºf).

I have checked the meter for accuracy against our pro grade meter at work and it seems to be spot on. When measuring the 12v and 3v rails it's accurate to .o1% with bios.:confused:

Back