• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a few unsolved matters - please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcaMol

Registered
This is my old rig
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=199838

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.0Ghz - Prescott
Package 478 mPGA

1. when i tried to submit to hwbot i couldn't find that CPU in the list, the only similar thing i found was Celeron (which i'm positive to NOT having).
when i went over the forum Archive i found that this cpu is probably whats called Intel Pentium 4 'E' 3.0Ghz
but hwbot doesn't give any info on P4. any help?

2. as far as i know this cpu is locked. can't use the clockgen nor the BIOS gives me any help.
how do i oc it?

Overclocking is done through the motherboard. According to CPU-Z you have an Intel D865GBF motherboard which is not overclockable.

AcaMol said:
but isn't there a way to "break the lock"?

No is your answer because Intel and AMD both have learnt to "hardlock" their CPUs in terms of changing its Multiplier upwards several years back! These similar questions have been asked and answered so many times now!

Last edited:
OCdragon said:
No is your answer because Intel and AMD both have learnt to "hardlock" their CPUs in terms of changing its Multiplier upwards several years back! These similar questions have been asked and answered so many times now!

I'm not speaking of upwarding the Multiplier, I'm talking about the FSB

Yes, locate the lock on the motherboard and then use a large pair of bolt cutters to cut the lock off.

Back