• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about ATI Tool.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChillPhatCat

I'm searching for the upper limit on my card and I can get it up to about 670 MHz and the artifact scanner reports no errors after running several minutes, but while it's running, every once in a while a pixel turns yellow on the furry cube... At 675 MHz it gets several of these errant pixels, but still doesn't report errors.

Is this just a bug in the software that shows an artifact when there isn't actually one there or is it that it is getting artifact errors that are smaller than the spec?

My load temp is 58*C if anybody's wondering.

I noticed that too on the latest version. The yellow spots you see are indeed artifacts, so I suppose that its artifact detection algorithm is either borked or way less sensitive than it has been in the past. You might try using the artifact scanner at just above the frequency it artifacts at to see if it catches anything if you give it long enough.

JigPu

Back