• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where's the X1950XTX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oakstave

What in the heck happened to the X1950XTX? I can't find anywhere for anything resembling a reasonable price. The only listings I find are for 518bucks! Which is a nearly $200 more than I paid for my X1950CE.

I've heard that the Crossfire edition of this card has been D/C'd, are they still making the XTX?

I'm probably just getting jumpy, but when the 2900's came out, I started looking for deals on 1950's to finish my crossfire. Now I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to find a card!

Looking for: X1950XTX, 512meg, Gdr4... hopefully for a similar deal I got for the CE... in the 380 dollar range.

Thanks if anyone has heard of a deal!

If you don't mind, you could get a second hand card in the classifieds. IRC, Vixro was offering his card some days ago. Might still be there.

dan

Theres a few in the classifeds since people are selling off theres after getting upgrades, but doesn't help him yet since hes under 100 posts :(

He doesnt have Classifieds access yet. I think that would be your best bet as far as getting it cheaper. Otherwise Ebay may be an option, but there are only a few on there.

I could only find one listing on ebay for a company I've never heard of. (Laser) I hear they are a Saphire subsidiary. I'm pretty invested in getting an ATI if I can. I know it probably isn't necessary, but I would prefer the Xfire cards be of the same brand. I would accept a 3DO, or Diamond... but definitely not the Pro, gdr3, or 256meg versions of the card.

People are upgrading from 1950XTX already?? Wow. Hardcore man.

23!

oakstave said:
People are upgrading from 1950XTX already?? Wow. Hardcore man.

23!
Ya, I know. But alot of people want DX10 compatibility, and who could blame them? ITS PRETTY

freakdiablo said:
Ya, I know. But alot of people want DX10 compatibility, and who could blame them? ITS PRETTY

Well we want the compatibility of DX10 but theres still really nothing out that even shows its advantage yet. Lost Planet shows virtually no difference between DX9 and DX10. CoJ is the only one that shows promise where there is a difference between DX9 and DX10.

You guys are the best!

I'll see if my bids on ebay work out. If not, I'll just have to wait until my post count gets to 100.

22!

I had mine in the forums for $249, but it's already sold (to the administrator!!!!). I found a couple on newegg and ZZF just last week...... they were $380-$450 but for that price you'd just buy a 2900XT. Now that I check, newegg doesn't have any and ZZF only has a couple crossfire versions.

That's a sweet rig you're putting together there! Hope that bid on eBay works out.

BTW, that was a pretty sweet deal vixro was putting out there on his. It's a shame you missed out on it.

No, no... I'm not spamming my way to the classifieds... I try to say something useful and on topic each post.

I WON my bid for the X1950XTX on ebay. It should be on it's way as I write this... That means: This weekend I'll be doing some long put off cable management, and then installing my CROSSFIRE system. the card is used, but he swears he's never oc'd it. (No one ever oc's their video card, right?) :/ I'm sure he only used it on Sundays, when the weather was cool, and only to play solitaire in low resolution. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, for my next purchase I can use the classifieds here.

I really enjoy this forum. Thanks everyone for helping with every topic I've thrown out. I hope I can help a few folks along the way. :beer:

I'd be curious to hear what your 3dMark scores sit at after you move into Crossfire territory. I haven't been getting really impressive jumps once I moved over to a dual-GPU setup.

golfingtigger said:
I'd be curious to hear what your 3dMark scores sit at after you move into Crossfire territory. I haven't been getting really impressive jumps once I moved over to a dual-GPU setup.

I've got the shipping info, and I'll have the card next week. I've heard that the jumps in performance have a lot to do with the type of rendering (scissors, alternate frames, etc.) It is perhaps the case that benchies don't reflect that very easily. I'll do a before and after, and post it in a couple weeks!

Back