• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More than 2 devices on a single IDE??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toasty_Squirrel

I'm having some serious issues with my MoBo, namely I believe my secondary IDE controller is failing and causing connectivity issues with my attached drives. At the moment I can't just go out and buy new hardware so I'm wondering:

Is it possible, and if so what's needed, to connect more then two IDE devices to a single controller?

If it matters, I'm running a Gigabyte K7-Triton MoBo.

Hmmm... those are both pretty good sounding options. The USB would let me (I assume) turn the drive into an external unit which is something I've been looking for, for a while.

And I totally forgot about a PCI card for the internal, I have like 5 slots sitting unused. Guess it pretty much boils down to price at this point.

BChur and Enable, thanks a lot, I know what to do now(!!).

A PCI card would be cheaper than an external enclosure, by only by a fraction. HDD cases are rather cheap nowadays.

IMO, I'd get the External case.

The less cabling in a system the better, and on a positive side, you can take that external HDD to a friends/mothers/brothers/uncles house and leech their files :)

Just my 0.02cents

All the best.

Back