• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap quiet water cooling suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sephiroth_749

Top ranking SOLDIER officer
what would be a water cooling system that i could buy new or used for really cheap that does decent cooling and is very quiet i mainly want to go to watercooling cause its so much quieter than air and this system needs to be able to cool cpu and video card

How high is the OC going to be on them?

The zalman reserator is totally silent and could handle those two at stock speeds.

However, if you need CHEAP cooling check out this list:
dual heatercore + shroud + yate loon fans (in push pull) ~ $35
Whitewater block ~ 30
MCP350 ~ 75 OR you could go for a via-aqua 1800 pump for $25 but I am not sure of their sound levels though
masterkleer tubing ~ $3
clamps ~ $3

All for under ~100

Last edited:
WonderingSoul said:
dual heatercore + shroud + yate loon fans (in push pull) ~ $35

and where might i b able to get this cheap shroud that will fit a dual heatercore?

Heater cores are a bit restrictive for very quiet fans. If your looking for something less audible than quiet air, it's probably worth paying a little more for a purpose-built rad.

Sephiroth, can you clarify what you mean by "really cheap"?

bumsquad said:
and where might i b able to get this cheap shroud that will fit a dual heatercore?

I cardboard + duct tape! Never said it was going to be pretty.

ancalime said:
where do you find a mcp350 for $50? Is this retail?

Sorry. I forgot they were $75 :beer:

Otter said:
Heater cores are a bit restrictive for very quiet fans. If your looking for something less audible than quiet air, it's probably worth paying a little more for a purpose-built rad.

I guess he should just pick up an MCR220 for the price...

Otter said:

as cheap as it gets and this is for stock speeds on the processor and the 7900gt has a vmod so it runs a little hotter thant stock.

i just want to spend as a little as possible on somehting that will keep it cool as the air its on or cooler thats a lot more quieter(like i can even hear quiet) if thats possible.

Check out the classifieds mate. There are always good deals for WCing there for on the cheap.

sephiroth_749 said:
true but what parts are good and quiet

MCR220 is good for low fan speeds. MCP350 is the quietest pump avail next to an Eheim 1048. However they both need to be swapped out for different barbs. The Eheim is an easy switch... But the MCP350 needs a modded top which can run some serious $$$ (about $100 for and MCP + top).

so:
MCR 220 or 320
MCP350/355 or Eheim 1048
Block of your choice (white water blocks are CHEAP and work GREAT still today)

The dTek dB-1 is a relatively new pump (available at Petra's Tech Shop), and has excellent reviews; two of them in a series is equal to a 50z, but with a lot less noise, if you use just one, you'd save some mulah (they're only $45), and keep it as quiet as you can get (yes, they are the quietest pump you can buy).

natewildes said:
The dTek dB-1 is a relatively new pump (available at Petra's Tech Shop), and has excellent reviews; two of them in a series is equal to a 50z, but with a lot less noise, if you use just one, you'd save some mulah (they're only $45), and keep it as quiet as you can get (yes, they are the quietest pump you can buy).
It sounds like a nice pump but it is OOS in Petras at the moment. :(
Why is Petra OOS on so many things? :confused:

Jab has the same pump at the same price though. http://www.jab-tech.com/dB-1-Compact-12v-Pump-pr-3758.html

Last edited:
i got a nice deal on the classifieds.

Swiftech Apogee
DDC+(MCP355) w/ Petras Top
Black Ice Pro II 2x120
4 Yate Loons
Sunbeam Fan Controller
Clamps, T-line and more 1/2"ID tubing that you can shake a stick at.

all for $165 shipped. So i recommend the classifieds for deal hunting.

Back