• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the difference between 680 and 680i SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
both are the same as far as i can tell/see the only difference would be the extra goodies in the box.

Best I can tell Evilsizer has exactly right. At the price on Zipzoomfly, I would suggest you jump on it if you're interested in 680i board.

lol, yea i think im gonna get the SE edition...be good for the quad im planning to build.

Just wondering, have all the issues with 680i has been dealt with..or are there still some lingering around?

edit - whoa...i just read the reviews on newegg..and they said that it doesn't support quad-core OCing? is this true?
reviews here

Last edited:
you cant trust newegg reviews for anything.... 680i does good at ocing quads. evga's first 680 the AR was having some issues with ocing a quad in that the fsb was maxing out around 380's. the A1/T1 680i's are getting into the 450's. if you really want the best quad core ocing motherboard you need to wait for the intel p35 chipset... though you lose being able to use SLI....

yea, I don't think I want to wait for the P35 to come out..first its probably gonna be very expensive, with a few bugs and everything else dropped a lot since the beginning of this year. Also, I prefer nvidia to ati, so sli is a must.

Alright, thanks a lot Evilsizer and deeppow. Hopefully I'll get this done soon ^_^.

Back