• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAMACHI MESSED UP MY INTERNET

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

So I installed hamachi today and it didnt really float my boat so I uninstalled it. Now my internet and lan dont work. My network adapters must be all messed up. So internet doesnt work, realvnc says it isnt accepting any connections, just nothing works, I cant even go to http://192.168.0.1 for my router. BUT I can see the shared documents on one of the computer on my lan (same computer that wont work with realvnc) and I get an ip address from the router. So it can contact it but I cant get anything to work.

What I have done so far is uninstall my marvell lan network drivers from device manager. Reinstalled them. Setup a new connection. Rebooted. Tried all of that over again with uninstalling ALL the network adapters. Still nothing works. I have repaired the connection. Tried to plug the ethernet cable in the nvidia lan. Nothing. Any ideas?

how would I check what the default route is?

And eagle. I did a system restore and it worked. Then after about 15 minutes it went back to being a vegetable (right while I was replying to this thread..) so I dont know if that is going to cut it. I still have hamachi installed right now it just isnt doing anything bad. Yet.

IAmMoen said:
how would I check what the default route is?

And eagle. I did a system restore and it worked. Then after about 15 minutes it went back to being a vegetable (right while I was replying to this thread..) so I dont know if that is going to cut it. I still have hamachi installed right now it just isnt doing anything bad. Yet.

so keeping hamichi installed allows the internt to work, however once you uninstall it, it doesent work?

Did you restart the PC once you uninstalled it?

FYI, now that logmein purchased hamachi, I would find an alternative...

yea i would restart. Another interesting tidbit. If I wait long enough after the restore point my internet will stop working regardless if I do anything to hamachi....

Try and search google for a WinSockXPFix.I find that this will most of the time fix the problem.And when u did a restore maybe you should have done a point before the hamachi install.Not to push a product but I use hamachi and I like it very well.I monitor and connect to 5 different networks with about 12 clients per hamachi network.But I do hope you get your problems fixed.Also maybe post over at the hamachi forum paul over there seems very helpful plus he works for hamachi.I do think it was a wrong move when they sold to logmein.Just my 2 cents

Big_Tex said:
Try and search google for a WinSockXPFix.I find that this will most of the time fix the problem.And when u did a restore maybe you should have done a point before the hamachi install.Not to push a product but I use hamachi and I like it very well.I monitor and connect to 5 different networks with about 12 clients per hamachi network.But I do hope you get your problems fixed.Also maybe post over at the hamachi forum paul over there seems very helpful plus he works for hamachi.I do think it was a wrong move when they sold to logmein.Just my 2 cents

Thats exactly what I was going to say.

i should probably say that i am using xp64. I tried the winsockxpfix and it didnt work. It was missing reg info, probably related to the fact i am running 64 bit so I am going to try and find a 64 bit version.

Back