• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly need another rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Denbob99

Hi, am getting WCing for my AMD 3600+. Atm it will just be: pump > 240 Rad > CPU Block > Back to pump. I was wondering if I was to add 2x x1950pro's to the loop whether I should put a rad between the CPU block and GPU blocks.

Or....

I have a 6.5ft Hmax pump @ 1000LPH so would I be able to run dual loops maybe? Like a Y split after the radiator with one loop to the GPU's and one to the CPU then meet up with another Y splitter at the pump. Think thats a possibility?

A dual loop to me would be two separate loops. Splitting the loop as you suggest wont help solve the problem with cooling the water unless you add a second rad somewhere.

I dont know that rad but you may want to consider upgrading to a larger rad that can accomodate two or three 120mm fans or add a second radiator to the loop. Your pump is powerfull so it shouldnt have a problem with a second rad and the two cards. At least I dont think it will.

My preference would be to add a completely separate loop though.

By 240 rad I mean 240mm worth of fans. Its an XSPC R120-D, dual 120mm rad with shroud. By a completely seperate loop you mean that I should split it at the pump and run one loop through a rad to GPU's and one loop through a rad to CPU? Or just 2 pumps and 2 loops?

Two pumps two loops is how I see dual loop.

You could try this though..

Pump -->Ysplit1-->Rad1-->CPU-->Ysplit2------------->pump
_____________ -->Rad2-->GPU1-->GPU2-->ysplit2----^

You just need to make sure after the second GPU the line connects somewhere after the CPU going to the pump

May want to read this thread as it has some good info... http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5074686#post5074686

Back