• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

965P-DS3 rev 3.3 e6600 OC newbie help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hakutaku

Hello, I'm completely new to this whole overclocking business but I am taking a genuine interest in this. I know this may seem like a random noob who registered for answers but believe me, I am genuinely interested in overclocking and I will strive to be a contributing member of this community.

I have a 965P-DS3 rev 3.3 and i OCed my e6600 to 3.2 GHz and memory CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory following these instructions exactly from a newegg review:

to OC this board easily: Here is an example using a e6600 CPU. With DDR2 800 memory at 5,5,5,15 Make sure these 6 things are DISABLED in Bios - CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) - CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) - CPU EIST Function -No-execute memory protect -Limit CPUID Max to 3 -Virtualization Technology - Set Voltage Control set to manual. - bump Vcore to 1.4 < if needed - Set Clock Multipler to 8 down from 9 - Set CPU Host Clock Control to Enabled - Set CPU Host Frequency (MHz) to 400 - Set PCI Express Frequency(MHz) to 100 - Set System Memory Multiplier to 2.00 - Set DRAM Timing Selectable to Manual - Set CAS Latency Time to 5 - Set DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay to 5 - Set DRAM RAS# Precharge to 5 - Set Precharge dealy (tRAS) to 15 The CPU then boots at a very nice 3.2 GHz.

I tried it and it boots up fine and cpuz shows it running at 3.2 GHZ. At idle the temps stay at around 30ºC and I tried to do an extreme workload test on intel's TAT both cpus at 100% both cpu's jump to 40ºC and climb to around 51ºC then all of a sudden computer just reboots itself. Any ideas? I tried lowering the Vcore back down to 1.300 but xp fails to boot which according to my research means a too low vcore. Help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm using arctic 5 silver for my Zalman cnps9700 my PSU is a 500 watt ATX powersupply.

Back