• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving to wc - does this seem reasonable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RipD

I need to move to wc to get my Qx6700 temps under control. My goal is oc to at least 3.8GHz with reasonable temps (60 or below). I want reliable, quiet components. I'll be cooling my CPU and an 1900XT gpu.

Parts list so far:
CPU block: D-tek fuzion or Apogee GTZ (leaning toward the Apogee)
GPU block: D-tek fuzion (better option here?)
Pump: Swiftech MCP655
Rad: Swiftech MCR320 (PA 120.3 doesn't seem to be worth the extra cost)
Res: Swiftech micro
Tubing: 1/2" tygon with hose clamps

I'm thinking of mounting my rad in a window. In the summer I'll vent the hot air. In the winter I'll reverse the fans and pull in cold air.

Some questions:
- Will this be enough cooling for my system or will I need another rad?
- Is that pump enough for 1-2 big rads and getting water 3' up to window?
- Do I need a res, or would a fill/drain port be sufficient?

My MCR320 does a great job keeping my x1900XTX and E6400 at great temps. I think maybe you should take a look at the Thermochill rads, though. Their larger size will allow for more heat to be dissipated. Seeing as you will have a quad core and an x1900 card it could be useful. I have also been very impressed by my Apogee water block. I don't have the GT or the GTX but I imagine those only perform better so my vote is for that.

That looks good man. The Fuzion is a good choice. If you got the $$$ I recommend the MCP355 + top for more flow and retain the high head pressure to utilize the pin layout the of Fuzion.

Last edited:
Back