• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinnest laptop made

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazaro

My goodness, the battery life and weight are crazy. I need more specs on this thing.

Here and here

*2.25 pounds
*less than 0.7 inches thick
*an expected battery life of 14 hours
*flash memory hard drive
*Wi-Fi, EV-DO and WiMax

slide4.jpg

Last edited:
Edited first post for easier reference, or lazy people.

14 hours!?!? For the thickness, you could easily strap two of those to a normal laptop and you could work all week without charging.

Hillsdale said:
i would be scared to step on it or drop it.
I know, press the keys to hard and you might punch a hole in it. I know the websites say equipped with intels speediest components, but who expects a C2D and a decent graphics card (not intel, but still, you want some decent gfx card for the occasional game) and still get 14 hours battery life? whats that? looking at your desktop?

freakdiablo said:
I know, press the keys to hard and you might punch a hole in it. I know the websites say equipped with intels speediest components, but who expects a C2D and a decent graphics card (not intel, but still, you want some decent gfx card for the occasional game) and still get 14 hours battery life? whats that? looking at your desktop?

It will probably have a low power consumption c2d chip and integrated intel graphics.

freakdiablo said:

haha, 14hours of battery life? by the looks of it this thing is basicly a battery with a screen.

Hillsdale said:
haha, 14hours of battery life? by the looks of it this thing is basicly a battery with a screen.
Ya, an old gameboy cpu/mobo hooked up to a PSP screen all plugged into a modified car battery.

Hey hey, it's just a prototype now guys... They said it might be possible for there to be consumer models and they'll decide later this year.

One thing they did say though... "Price is not an issue". You'lldefinetly be getting something special with words like those. Hopefully external PCI-E:attn:

"And unlike other computer prototypes, including some from Intel, this one actually may line the shelves of a retailer before long. Intel hasn't announced an official release date but people familiar with the matter say a PC maker will announce plans to start manufacturing the machine later this year."

Back