• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eve online tut done what should i do now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maxio098ui said:
ive just compleated the tutorial and i want to get going but what kind of thing should i do, should i get a new ship if so which one and how should i get the money?

Your first objective should be to get and equip a real frigate rather than the noob ship. This requires some money and skills.

Look in the market for ships of your starting race...usually one frigate is mining oriented and the others are more combat oriented. Find one you want, look at what it costs and what skills are required to pilot it. Start training the required skills if you don't already have them and work on getting the money.

For money, you can either run quests for agents in space stations, fly to asteroid belts and start mining, or look for hostile ships in those asteroid belts to destroy. There are other ways to make money, but those are simple and common. :)

Also, start looking in the market for items that you can put on the ship and what skills are required for those items.

Step #2 is usually training and getting an industrial ship for miners and traders or getting a cruiser class ship for combat oriented players.

Also, it is very advantageous to focus early skill training on the "learning" skills since they boost your basic stats which improve your training time on other skills. You can purchase skills that you don't have at all in the market.

Back