• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Orb To Slorb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Silversinksam, I know your giving that one to a buddy but have you run any comparison tests with a regular blorb??By the way NICE JOB!!!!

rUfUnKy, Thanks for the compliment bro.

I'll get another blue orb tomorrow and slap it in my GF2 Ultra and run the Stock Leadtek Heatsink, regular Blorb and the Slorb all 30 min each running 3Dmark2001 tomorrow

If I can find a Crystal orb Ill test that as well.

Im pretty sure it will beat them all as the SLORB has some weight to it and is alot heavier than it looks.

Element-Xero, If you really had your heart set on buying one PM me as I dont like to use the forums as merchant outlet, I make these for fun not to get rich.

Heres a pic I didnt post, Its hard to see but the silver base I added was the same thickness as the original base, but I improved the original design by sinking the base deeper in the shell. ) It looks like theres a gap but its just the lip of the silver base extruding from the shell....I did add a thin coat of Arctic alumina adhesive to fill any gaps but the fit was tighter than the original base and all the Alumina did was spooge out. I had to punch it in with a rubber mallet and it wasnt easy to get the sucker in, so I heated it up to get the molecular structure loosened up.....In contrast the old base poped right out with hardly any effort at all.
crapbaseandsilverbase.jpg

Last edited:
Silversinksam said:
rUfUnKy, Thanks for the compliment bro.

I'll get another blue orb tomorrow and slap it in my GF2 Ultra and run the Stock Leadtek Heatsink, regular Blorb and the Slorb all 30 min each running 3Dmark2001 tomorrow

If I can find a Crystal orb Ill test that as well.

Im pretty sure it will beat them all as the SLORB has some weight to it and is alot heavier than it looks.

crapbaseandsilverbase.jpg
No problem,that compliment is well deserved..:) I'll be very interested in seeing how these compare with each other!!To bad I can't fit one on my North Bridge...

Last edited:
Sorry guys I wasnt able to run those tests today as I had to make an emergency trip to an optomologist as I got an eye infection from all the Silver dust in my orifice's........

LOL just kiddin, I was watering the roses on my kitchen counter last night and I scraped my eye on a damn thorn and it got infected. :mad:

I would prefer to tell you that I was hurt in battle and the silver shrapnel got me as that would get me the OC.com purple Heart metal but alas I cant lie.

Ill try to run those tests tomorrow when I can safely drive without this eye patch to make it to the PC store so I can buy the orbs.

PS NO MORE ROSES FOR THE MISSES!

Guys I had to order a Crystal orb to run the comparisons as they apparently cannot be purchased locally, I should have it in a few days to run the comparison.

That ^&%$#U Thorn, I had to buy eyedrops that cost $90 and I didnt feel like using insurance as I forgot my card that day.

10ml @ $90 is a sham and these drops once put in your eye taste like cr@p and makes you run to the bathroom to boot.

NO MORE FLOWERS FOR THE MISSES!!!!

Next time Ill buy her a box of popsicles or something that cant poke your dang eye out.

Back