• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware newb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bitchbear

Registered
Im new to hardware atm ive got a amd 500 with a tnt 2 m64 128ram and it works fine im planning to upgrade at the end of this year im going to get a 1.6 xp, 32 MB Eagle Geforce2 GTS DDR,

what motherboard will i need to get>? and what fan?
im on a budget
i want to over clock to the best that it can .

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!
.....and to the addiction:eek:

Well the 1.6GHz XP is the PR1900 and you are sure to pay a premium for the top of the line. What's the budget like? There must be a cheap alternative to a video card with at least 64Mb DDR RAM. Check pricewatch for current prices. The shuttles with the KT266A chipset would be a good choice and has a ton of features for O/Cing plus we got Doctor in here who can show you the way around this brand of boards.

thanks!

welll im planning to spend about $750 australian

$269 for the 1.6xp
$199 for the video card

the rest of it can be spend on the mobo and the heat sink

so what can u recomend?

MSI K7 266 Pro Socket A for AMD CPUs, DDR RAM $239
MSI K7 266A Pro2 Socket A for AMD CPUs, DDR RAM $259
MSI K7 266A Pro2 UR Socket A for AMD CPUs, DDR RAM $299

which one is good enough for me?

Seems like a very easy budget to work with:D The ABIT KR7A-RAID & a Swiftech MCX462 with either the 80mm 68CFM DELTA or the 80mm 80CFM DELTA fans, both fans are LOUD. You sure you don't want a Leadtek GF3 Ti500 TDH?

HEH sound is no prblem its PERFORMANCE

:eek:

umm geforce 3 here cost alot about 600 - 700

and its out of my budget i wish i had a geforce 3 :)

how much is the ABIT KR7A-RAID
and the cooling fans? hopefully under my budget :)

Hell Yeah! Performance is everything.

Well then at least find a 64Mb VCard:D

Have you been to Philip Island? Been wanting to check out the track for a while now

Back