• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Xbox had freid, so can I use its Hard Drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Auto542

Since my Xbox Mother Board had fried/burned hehe, I was wondering if I could hook up the hard drive to my computer? if so that would be Awesome! I would just need to know where to buy another power cord for it, because those wires burned also, or could I just use the power supply cords for it? everything else is alright it looks like, and also I was needing to know how I would go about hooking the Hard Drive up to my computer? I have the ribbon to do so.

Thanks,
Auto

The XBOX OS wouldn't work with your motherboards chipset, It was made for XBOX and they keep it that way, When you make stuff for certain hardware it runs alot faster, so if it did work it woukd ve exremely slow, No Drivers Available for your stuff ETC ETC...

it says that it is a Seagate, and stuff about installing it onto a computer. just have to format it and do some other small stuff.

OOhhh... I thought you meant using the xbox o/s on the PC

Just slap it in and boot up like normal with your boot cd, wipe it, INSTALL

Oh ok, that sucks lol I thought it would be about 50GB lol. thanks for the information though.

no it won't work, the harddrive is locked to the xbox motherboard.

One, you can't unlock it because you don't have the motherboard on the xbox booting

Two, we can't discuss that here anyways.

Auto542 said:
Oh ok, that sucks lol I thought it would be about 50GB lol. thanks for the information though.

Why would the original Xbox have a 50GB drive when the Xbox 360 shipped with a 20GB harddrive?

Bageland2000 said:
yea i was gonna say have fun with your 8GB hhd. It would be funny if you did hook it up though

what would be funny, ive got my old xbox hdd hooked up in my linux box.. use it backing up when i try different OS's on it :) :bang head

It's definitely 8-10 Gb. I've modded plenty of them and they were all either 8Gb or 10Gb at least until I got ahold of them. ; )

Back