• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my Duron 800!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Just got back home from the store... didn't do nothing yet.. But its an AKCA 'Z'! is it a good stepping? what do u guys think?
And would a mechanical 0.5mm pencil work on the L1 bridges?

Last edited:
I thought mechanical pencils didn't have enough graphite in them. Could be a bit hit and miss.
Splinter a normal pencil instead. That'll give a nice sharp edge.

Guys I really need that ASAP!!! I want to unlock the chip and install it already!!! Will the pencil trick work w/ a mechanical pencil???

Bic mechanical pencil works

a Bic mechanical pencil has worked for me more than once to unlock the L1's. just make sure the pencil marks don't touch each other. good luck with your duron

The Coolest said:
Just got back home from the store... didn't do nothing yet.. But its an AKCA 'Z'! is it a good stepping? what do u guys think?

I used the same one on my Duron! That seems like a cool stepping! Keep us updated!

I unlocked it after I used my erazor several times, got it from the first try... Now it runs 850MHz @ 1.63Vcore & 37C full load... Its far from over I think...

Do u think I can take this chip to 1064? I would love to see it doing 133x8 and up!

The Coolest said:

Cool stepping definetly keep us informed! I'll bet you can do better than my duron AKCA 9 but you never know good luck.

That's the same stepping as mine. My 800 will do 1150mhz with the voltage at 2.06v. 1053mhz tops at 1.85v. I use window defor repair stuff but for the first few months I used a mechanical pencil to unlock it with no problems.

I got it up to 1007MHz (134x7.5) won't post at 1050 even w/ a 1.85 Vcore... now it runs @ 1.79Vcore... Stable I think, folding to get an idia... I guess I'll start overclocking the FSB some more...
Not as lucky as u eobard.. huh? But still a 25% increase is a noticable one! It even passes P-III @ 1GHz now! Duron ROX

Back