• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Itunes problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lance Thornton

Hi all,

My wife has installed Itunes on her PC and after a few months of listening to her different taste in music, the computer has begun to randomly freeze. After a few more months of putting up with it, I got a new harddrive and installed XP home sp2+ without any problems. No freezing, no hiccups, no farts. We then installed the newest version of Itunes and imported her music and within ten minutes, it started freezing again. Has anyone experienced this problem before and if so, how do I fix it? Thanks for looking, I do appreciate it.

LT

first off you should give us some more info on the computer itself. Secondly is it only itunes or anything with streaming sound. Does it happen with a movie?

Sorry for not including the specs. It is a Asus A7N8X-E deluxe with an Athlon xp 3200+ Barton core, 1 gig of Crucial DDR400 running Windows XP home SP2 with all the updates from Microsoft.
I believe that it is only itunes, and I don't know if it happens when a movie is playing. In the previous hard drive, the freezing would happen at any time, even if Itunes was not running in the foreground. I would try to access the computer via our localnet, and I couldn't see the drive at all. It would also not wake the monitor up when moving the mouse. Thanks again for looking!

Back