• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance Wise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3dx0r

Registered
Hey there,

I had a EVGA 7900GT OC SO 256mb graphics card, it had problems while i still had warrenty, I sent it back to the company, and they said they dont produce it anymore so they cant give me the same card back :( ..
Anyway they offered to give me a Gainward 256Mb 8600GT graphics card instead, I checked some benches, it it seems that card falls sometimes even behind a 7600gt/7900gs (which mine was much stroger).

My question is, what card should I demand as equal to the 7900gt in today's view in performance.. because that would really **** me off I gave my card for repair cuz of some graphics gliches (probably memory issues in the card) and I would get a card that preforms much less then what I had.. whats the point.

Thanks in advance.

yeah, I wouldn't accept the 8600GT

At the very least, I'd want the 8600GTS Superclocked

But I think the equivalent of the 7900GT would be an 8800GTS 320MB card.

See if, for lets say extra $25-$50 they upgrade you to 8800GTS 320mb. Its worth asking, youll never know, you might get it.

And if $50 is not enough, then ask how much youll have to pay to get the 8800gts 320mb. You never know, might be $55.

Just ask.

UglyChild said:
See if, for lets say extra $25-$50 they upgrade you to 8800GTS 320mb. Its worth asking, youll never know, you might get it.

And if $50 is not enough, then ask how much youll have to pay to get the 8800gts 320mb. You never know, might be $55.

Just ask.
That is totally worth it IMO...

Thanks for the suggestions, I took it up with the store manager and he said he will check if its possible, and will call me back..
I'll let you know what ends(if it hopefully ends at last, I've been waiting over 3 months for my card to come back already)..

3dx0r said:
Thanks for the suggestions, I took it up with the store manager and he said he will check if its possible, and will call me back..
I'll let you know what ends(if it hopefully ends at last, I've been waiting over 3 months for my card to come back already)..

Ouch, who is the maker of the card and where did you buy it? Most of the time I take it up with the card's manufacturer before going back to the retailer.

Either way, DEMAND a different card than the 8600GT or just get your money back for it. No sense in dropping money on an already outdated card.

I'm from israel, so here we dont deal straight with the card's manufacturer since they are abroad, we deal through the store we bought the card from..

And I asked about the 7950gt and they said they cant get it, I asked today for 8800gts and they said they'll check it out.
And about money refunding - they said they would give me only 147$ back if I do that, and I bought my card for a little over 430$, I understand the technology market is ajusting fast but still this card in israel is worth around 350-400$, but not produced anymore sadly..

edit: Evga is the card maker, and the shop is a random pc store in israel called mardanit (www.mardanit.co.il)

In the end I had to reach the assistant director general to agree on something I could settle for after I threatened to sue them (which I had a good reason for, they broke more then 4 laws while "serving" me) and he offered me a 7950GT 512mb, which I'm waiting for now.. I could perhaps have gotten more but really I was sick of struggling with this company and I wanted to finish this once and for all and don't wanna buy anything else from this company ever..

3dx0r said:
In the end I had to reach the assistant director general to agree on something I could settle for after I threatened to sue them (which I had a good reason for, they broke more then 4 laws while "serving" me) and he offered me a 7950GT 512mb, which I'm waiting for now.. I could perhaps have gotten more but really I was sick of struggling with this company and I wanted to finish this once and for all and don't wanna buy anything else from this company ever..

Nice job calling them on the lawsuit. Glad to see things are working for you now. :thup:

At last I got my card back, they gave me a EVGA 7950GT 512mb KO SO and I'm so glad I dont have to fight them anymore, 3.5 months it took..

Back