• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6300 @ 2.3Ghz @ 1.2v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adversary

Registered
I just overclocked my e6300 to 2.3 (7x337) and set the voltage @ 1.25 from the bios. ASUS PC Probe in showing 1.21-1.22v and the system is stable till now.
I am happy to see the temps haven't gone up at all. Infact they have come down because by default the volts are set at auto and they fluctuate from 1.16 -1.35v.
So should i continue running the PC if i'm having no problems. Plus will it damage the hardware in anyway?

To be perfectly honest, 2.3 Ghz on any c2d processor is modest IMO. To make sure it is stable, use the program "Orthos" and run a stress test over a 24 hour period. You can also use "Prime95" and run the "torture test" for the same time period. If you can still compute without lock-ups or crashes (web surfing/listening to music) and your proc isn't running any higher than 45-50 Celsius (personal threshold preference) under full load, then I'd say you are safe to leave it at that speed for as long as you'd like.

well i wanted to keep a modest overclock. I wanted to run the CPU equivalent to E6600. I would want to push more, but my bros wont let me.
I have up'ed the volts to 1.3v, just to be on the safe side. and now the PC Probe is reading 1.25-1.27. The temps are around 39-40 idle and on load 50max.
Can you suggest me a shortcut to test the overclock cause i can't leave those programs running because my family has to use the PC also.

I'm not exactly sure how you would shortcut a stability test. Is there anyway you could leave an instance of Orthos running overnight? Also, you might want to turn up the RPM of your fans a bit, 50 C seems a little hot for that much of an OC. If you don't know about Speedfan, it's a program to look into and download. And if not that, you can always up voltage (increase RPMs) to the fans in BIOS.

well i'll try to do the test. i am using speed fan to monitor my temps. My temps are high cause the summers are very hot over at my place (Lahore, Pakistan). Its like 35C min and 40C+max. But when i turn the AC on.. the temps dont go near 50.

Back