• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yeah Buy.com does suck...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainless

Old Member
Item: EVGA 8800 GTS 640
Ordered: Saturday May 26th

Okay. Saturday was a weekend and Monday was memorial day... but why on earth was it still "processing" on Tuesday? Then it goes to the "sent to warehouse" phase, which apparently takes another 1-2 days. Then, finally, it is shipped.

This was the first, and shall be the last, time I ever ordered from Buy.com (I take that back, I think I ordered an audio casette from them in the early 90s)

So it MAY ship by thursday or Friday and I MIGHT get it... with 3-day shipping, which I paid for, by next wednesday. That's 1 and a half week delivery.

I have ordered prescription meds from pharmaceutical manufacturers in India, shipped through Canada (currently legal for personal use) they usually take 3+ weeks to arrive.

The occasional seller on ebay has exceeded a 2 week delivery time.

Not all businesses are as friendly about shipping immediately.

Are you serious?

Do you need another box of tissues? :cry:

Is your heart going to stop beating if you aren't holding that video card in your hand by this Friday afternoon?

You are basing your sob story on the fact that it took more than 1 day to go to "sent to warehouse" from "processing." :rolleyes: Please. Come back after they charge your cc 10 times and conveniently go out of business.

Quailane said:
Are you serious?

Do you need another box of tissues? :cry:

Is your heart going to stop beating if you aren't holding that video card in your hand by this Friday afternoon?

You are basing your sob story on the fact that it took more than 1 day to go to "sent to warehouse" from "processing." :rolleyes: Please. Come back after they charge your cc 10 times and conveniently go out of business.

:beer: amen brother

Honestly if I order ANYTHING, I'd expect it to arrive in 4-6 weeks. Unless you chose next day delivery, just wait. Want it faster, go to a store and get one.

But since you said you paid for 3 day delivery (usually only business days), you may want to get in touch with them. Usually holidays and weekends days dont count.

Wow. This has turned into a cabal of not-so-much-recovering junkies.

I had no idea mail-order had gotten so horrible in this country. Maybe there are even some users here who aren't old enough to REMEMBER what decent service is.

Take that cassette (anybody old enough to remember what THOSE are?) that I ordered for my father way back in nineteen ninety something:

Almost exactly the same scenario... Ordered Saturday. FROM Buy.com. There was no memorial day to be concerned with, but there was also no 3-day shipping that I had paid for.

Ordered Saturday, got it Wednesday. Then a friend of mine sent me a PCMCIA ethernet card while I was in France. ACROSS THE FRIGGIN ATLANTIC. This was in 2002. Also from Buy.com. Five... days... flat.

Just because companies now ROUTINELY feature bad service doesn't necessarily oblige me to settle into acceptance. I'm extremely wary about anybody more apathetic than the French.

No, the first time he ordered on a saturday and got it in 3 business days, he's happy. This time he ordered on a saturday on a holiday weekend, and as of yet doesn't know if his order is even shipped (2 business days later)

rainless said:
I had no idea mail-order had gotten so horrible in this country. Maybe there are even some users here who aren't old enough to REMEMBER what decent service is.

Take that cassette (anybody old enough to remember what THOSE are?) that I ordered for my father way back in nineteen ninety something:

Gee I used to have disco 8 tracks back in the 70's.:eek: Still 4-6 weeks WAS decent mail-order. And that was AFTER they received my order via MAIL. Gotta love the internet. Everyone now expects instant gratification when they order something online.

Just relax. Either call their CS line and ask them whats up. Maybe they'll refund the priority shipping you were charged. They cant control the shippers though. I've ordered parts that one time they showed up within a week (from the states to Aus no less) and sometimes they took weeks for the same thing the next time I had to order parts. Shipping across the ponds is a roll of the dice anyways in regards to time.

RP Racing said:
Gee I used to have disco 8 tracks back in the 70's.:eek: Still 4-6 weeks WAS decent mail-order. And that was AFTER they received my order via MAIL. Gotta love the internet. Everyone now expects instant gratification when they order something online.

Just relax. Either call their CS line and ask them whats up. Maybe they'll refund the priority shipping you were charged. They cant control the shippers though. I've ordered parts that one time they showed up within a week (from the states to Aus no less) and sometimes they took weeks for the same thing the next time I had to order parts. Shipping across the ponds is a roll of the dice anyways in regards to time.

Well I'm back in Chicago now. It would be completely understandable if it was UPS that screwed up. I *EXPECT* UPS to screw up... But my problem is that... far from actually sending the product, it took them two business days (labor day was Monday) for them to tell THEIR WAREHOUSE that I had *ordered* the product. This is a problem. I paid for three day shipping. This means (and is also explicitly stated) that at most I should have my product in four days.,, FROM THE TIME OF THE ORDER.

If I had paid 30 bucks for next day shipping? I might have gotten it on Friday. So why even call it next day?

I'm in no rush to join the "lowered expectations" (another blast from the past) club. If I accepted free shipping I'd be content for whenever the hell I got here. But I paid for a different kind of shipping. What if you went to fed-ex to overnight a backpack your friend, who's leaving the country the following evening, left at your place? They'd have prices for 3-day, 2-day, and overnight. Now just suppose you paid for overnight, and extra to have it to him by 8am, but the thing got there three days later instead?

You're telling me you'd have no reason to complain?

show me on there website where is says that your should recieve your item 4 days from the time the order is placed for 3 day shipping

Yeah, who says that they will ship it out in one day? They say usually ships in 1 - 2 business days. 3 day shipping is in addition to that. This isn't rocket science.

You're making a big deal out of something trivial that you have no grounds to make such a big fuss over. I feel happy when something I buy online gets shipped out the same or next day after I place an order.

Lowered expectations? I don't know where you get that from. You're the one who seems to expect perfection each and every time.

Buy.com does not suck because they sent you a "sent to warehouse" email a little later than you would prefer.

Stop being such a big baby. There are a lot of sites that give worse service than this. Sometimes you'll be lucky if they even send you the product without you having to call them 20 times first. Having to wait a week to get your product does not make them as horrible as you seem to think. :rolleyes:

Wow! There's actually a FORUM for this?!?

Good call sno. And congrats on the contest! :beer:

vixro said:
You have almost 2700 posts and don't know what forums we have?!?!?!

:argue: :temper: :shrug:

I do?!?

:shrug: What can I say? I play favorites. At first I posted in the Intel and Water Cooling forums exclusively. Then I dabbled in General Discussions for a while before hitting Console Gaming HARDCORE... until that dried up. Now it's round robin and whatever catches my attention. I *heard* of Vendor Discussion, but it was never of any significance to me (I was in France)

Until now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back