• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF3 Mem Overclockability Dropping..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TruckChase!

I've got a Visiontek GF3 with rigged cooling, and I've been noticing a disturbing trend as of late. When I first purchased/modded my card, (no volt mod-yet) it was stable at 260/570. Slowly but surely snow would start popping on the screen along with occasional lockups. After lowering my running speed to 260/560 it stopped. Awhile later, the same thing started happening again, and I subsequently lowered the clockspeed to 260/553. Now it's starting to show snow at 553, and I'm beginning to become concerned.

FYI-

-The core speed does not make a difference. It's perfectly stable at 200 thru 260.
-The cooling scenario has not changed. If anything, it's gotten a bit cooler with the onset of winter.
-This has been over a two month period.

Anyone have any ideas/experiences with this sort of phenomenon?

YES YES I HAVE SAME PROBLEM

OMG, I thought it was just me :eek: but my GF3 has being doing the same thing.

I bought mine when the GF3 was just a baby. Mine would do 225/515 and would have very very minor artifacting after hours of gaming. I could push the card right upto 230/525 but that would cause artifacting galore and eventually crashing. Over the months, I've noticed games getting unstable and games producing more artifacting. I've had to down my settings.

Currently I run my GF3 at 210/495 (OMFG thats how bad it is) and its now only barely faster than the default speed.

I thought that maybe it needs a good clean, but that didnt do much either.

yea mine was kinda messy, like that too.. so i lowered my cpu oc from 1533 to 1470 and its fine now. if i was you id get better cooling.. what do u have neways?

I attached a pic of my comp innards so you can see the cooling mods. It worked pretty well.... at first. Water cooling stuff will go in mid-week.

Back