• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue screen of death.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beerfun

Registered
I'm running a windows Xp pro I believe.
I've got a bootup quick blue screen error that wont go away.
I start up my computer I hit boot windows normally, it shows me the windows xp loading splash screen. Then I see a quick flash of blue and it resets my computer.
Safe mode in any form doesn't work

Before you just automatically suggest I use my disc, **I can't find it :'(**

Please help in any way you can.

-Paul

Could be many things... probably the powersupply by the looks of it... try swapping anothing one in, or use a multimeter or other means of testing it.

Nope, no HDD software to boot to.

Not sure if it's a power supply issue but I doubt it because my brother said that he was working around the house and saw that there was some message saying to reboot the computer due to some display issue or something and the colours were all funky.
So he did and then he said it went and got a blue screen error when it was booting up again.

Just so you guys know its one of the fatal errors from windows saying it has to shut down, it flashes too quickly for me to read any of the words on it but it has writing on it.

-Paul

edit: maybe its a virus of some sort and it got into my windows folder?

have you got any linux live disks..... or access to another PC with internet so you can download one to see if its hardware or windows.

Yeah what am I downloading exactly and where? is it freeware or am I downloading a torrent client to this old piece of crap?

Back