• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official catalyst 7.5 released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Noticed that too after I was trying to download some 6.5 WDM drivers to fix my vivo. Maybe I'll just try these and hope for the best since I can't seem to locate the 6.5WDM's anywhere

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/common-vista32.html
Vista 32

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista64/common-vista64.html
Vista 64

DirectX 10 driver support for the Radeon™ HD 2900 XT (single card and CrossFire™ configurations) for Windows Vista
This release of Catalyst™ introduces the ATI DirectX 10 driver for the Radeon™ HD 2900 XT, for both single cards and CrossFire™ configurations. The ATI DirectX 10 driver used in combination with the Radeon™ HD 2900 XT (and an application designed to take advantage of the power of the DirectX 10 API) delivers incredible graphics effects never seen before on the PC.

Perhaps lost planet works now?

How did it die, it's brand new?

I tried to "update" these to my 8.38 RC7 drivers and it said update complete without even doing anything. Must have not changed anything but the version number between 8.38 RC7 and 7.5 official.

vixro said:
How did it die, it's brand new?

I tried to "update" these to my 8.38 RC7 drivers and it said update complete without even doing anything. Must have not changed anything but the version number between 8.38 RC7 and 7.5 official.

This is going to be a bit long.......

I dont know it wasnt overclocked when it happened. I was playing BF2 like 15 minutes before it happened. I went to add 2 sticks of memory into my system, turned off the psu and installed the memory. I took the card out to clean it while I was in there and just wiped the cooler off as there was a bit of light dust acumilating on it since my pc is near the window. When I put it back in the screen wouldnt turn on. So I removed the card and reseated it and still nothing. took it out again reseated it again nothing. Then I moved it to the second PCI-E slot and still nothing. I then removed the memory I installed and still nothing. I then went to 1 stick of memory and nothing. I then connected it through the VGA to my 40inch tv and I got some vertical colored lines (which I had seen before with this card). then connected back to my Samsung 226 through the VGA and the same vertical colored lined.......but the screen wont turn on at all to show the lines if I use the digital output.........Some things to note.....

When I recieved the card the plastic seal had been peeled opened meaning the box wasnt sealed. There were a few instances over the last 2 weeks where the screen wouldnt turn on when I started the computer so I would shut the psu off and onn then restart and it would start right up......thought maybe it was the cpu since Im running Opteron [email protected] maybe thought it was that.

Went to Bestbuy to see if I could get the retardsquad overthere to install it into a system to test it as I thought maybe it might be mobo related...but they didnt have anything there remotely powerful (or anything with 2xpci-e psu connectors) enough to install this in......Plus the guy said this card wasnt compatable with Windows XP because it said "Certified for Windows Vista" on the box:bang head. And even though I told him several times the card has been running for the last 2 weeks and I had been playing games on it fine he still managed to ask 5 times how long I had the card, 3 times if it had turned on when I put it in the computer and tell me 3 times that it probably isnt compatable with XP because of the sticker on the box:bang head.

Anyway I went and bought a cheap pci card to test out the mobo and Im on it now.

sending it out to rma tomorrow.

Geeksquad are morons. I wouldn't even of wasted the time going there sad to hear though.

As for DX10 nopers, very similar preformance to the RC2's I was using so nothing out of the blue in preformance. While the glitches where in LP still I think I got higher frame rates, maybe someone correct me on it but i swear if I was pulling 10-15 before and was pulling in over 36 with the glitch.

when people refer to performance increases with the latest cat, is that a reflection of ccc or just the drivers? i've already updated to 8.38 since last week, so i'm wondering if i should bother with ccc if it's not goin to do anything for me other than add superfluous processes.

also, does cat7.5 get the 2900 digitally signed through ms yet? ati offering fan control yet either?

Anyone figure out how to get their VIVO to work under Vista? I cant seem to find any WDM drivers. Heck I dont know if they are even available for Vista at this time.

Argh.. i jsut found outtoday. I was looking for them up through the 30th LOL and read they were going to go to the 7.6s (rare they skip a month but it happens)

Neur0mancer said:
Argh.. i jsut found outtoday. I was looking for them up through the 30th LOL and read they were going to go to the 7.6s (rare they skip a month but it happens)

They haven't skipped a month that I know of since they started doing this.

deathman20 said:
They haven't skipped a month that I know of since they started doing this.

I cant claim it just what i read.. if I had known it was in contention I would have bookmarked the site. I read it looking for 7.5 info and hearing that they might skip it... i didnt make it up... it was a vid community forum... so prolly false LOL

I m pretty sure theyre were no skips in 06...

Back