• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

been out of the scene need help assembling a pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeviantV1ral

well been a while since ive been in this forums, but with the release of dx10 games i really wanna make a new computer, could u guys help? i luved these kinda threads cause i get to shop for ppl lol :clap:

my criteria is this
core 2 duo
room for SLi expansion later on
2 gb ram
fast hard drive as suppose to a big one, this will b just a pure gaming pc (i have a macbook and external hard drive)
dvd-rom drive
DX10 vid card
a nice case thats easy to work on.
good enough power supply sli ready

i'm not going to O/C nemore

i wanna run crysis and alan wake on high setttings mayb maxed, on 1680x1050 res if not, then lower resolution mayb 1280x800 till i get a 2nd vidcard

or should i wait longer for better technology? i'll buy these in a months time

thanks guys!

Whats your budget?

I would suggest to start out though, give you a basic idea of a build. . .
Asus 680i Mobo
Conroe e6700
2 gigs G-Skill GBHZ ram (ones with the black heatspreader)
Geforce 8800GTX
2 Seagate 7200.10 250 gig perpendicular drives raid 0
Silverstone Zeus 750W, or OP1000
Lots of choices for case
Cooler Master Stacker case (either 830, 810, or STC, they are all nice)
or Lian Li v2000 series case
or Silverstone Temjin TJ709

I did this all off the top of my head. With a budget, I could refine the list an include the links. Just something to get you started though.

The single 8800 should have plenty of power to run at 1680x1050. I have a single x1900XTX that easily runs everything at 1600x1200. I am going to get a 24" soon and see how it handles 1920x1200

cheapest possible 1000 mayb? give or take, not too much i was thinkin just a e6600 and 8800gts for the hard drive i say a 200gb WD raptor SATA150 10,000 rpm, is this fast? still? i'm not familiar with raid so i never tried it

The E6600 is at a good price point right now. It's a shame you said no O/C or I'd recommend the E6420 with a modest O/C of 400 FSB for a sweet 3.2 gig. You would probably need a good cooler though.

The 8800GTS is a good choice and Raptor drives are still the fastest single SATA HDD available. If you want possible SLI, then one of the 680i motherboards is worth checking out.

You will need a really good PSU. I personally like my PC Power & Cooling, but they ain't cheap.

http://www.pcpower.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S75QB

Back