• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oblivion: Quarl's Texture Pack 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Apparently not alot if you have a 512MB card.
I'm not going near it with my 7600GT.

I tried it just for fun (dragged my system to the ground lol- my other mods probably don't help matters either)... looked beautiful though. If you have the hardware it'll definitely be work checking out. Back up your data folder first though.

When I played Morrowind alot I used a few body/clothing mods by the same author and they were really good. The author made a retexture mod for that game that looked great as well.

I downloaded this...will try it tomorrow, long day at work. I have a x1900XTX so it shouldn't hurt to bad.

I love my body/clothe mods. Nude mods FTW!~ hahaa man i need to go to bed...

I have it and I run at 2560x1024 (no grass) and pull 60fps 99% of the time.

It really does look better...but you need one heck of a graphics card to handle it.

Alright, I downloaded Quarl's Texture Pack III, Its Amazing, it retexures absolutely the entire game.

I use QTPIII on my C2D system (with an 8800gts) and I get a good 60+ fps in all but the most grassy forest areas with every maxed out. I definitely am in love with the mod.

Wow, that looks really nice.

I'd try it on my system, but I already have other high-def mods, and I fear they might conflict.

dan

I have this mod. Run it at 1680x1050 on Ultra high settings. Only lag i see is HDD lag from loading areas. After the area has been loaded no lag. I highly recommend this mod/pack.

Love it most things cranked in game with QT3 and some other texture mods at 1920x1200. 40-70FPS outdoors its great. Among the other nice FPS I get indoors as well. HDR on, and don't have AA enabled yet.

Is it fully compatible with all of the add ons like nights of the nine and shivering isles plus the newest patch?

QTP II runs great on the system in my sig but III brings it to it's knees unless I drop the graphics settings really low... which at that point is defeating the point.

There are a TON of other really nice texture mods that QTP doesn't change that I think are essential. A lot of the item retexture mods and there are some texture mods that are aimed at retexturing a lot of stuff in specific towns and caves and ruins and things like that.

The QTP's do retexture quite a bit but they are very broad and need the specific texture packs added to it to really get the full experience and anything less than a 8XXX series card will suffer from QTP III.

I could run QTP 3 on my X1900XT with minor slow downs from it. Sure my 2900XT does an even better job at keeping pace with it though.

I'm confused now. This thread is about QTP II, but you guys are talking about III? Is III better than II? And if so where do i get III :beer:

Fileplanet has it theres a few other sites, but its big 1.67Gig download. As well of course its better :) Suppositly he is coming out with a QTP 3 for lower end video cards too. Alot of it I think he adds more textures, curious to see what happens when he comes out with 4 with shivering Isles added to it.

ziggo0 said:
I'm confused now. This thread is about QTP II, but you guys are talking about III? Is III better than II? And if so where do i get III :beer:

Well we started off with QTP II but then i went off talking about QTP III :beer: hehehe sorry meit :beer:

Back