• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB X-fi 2.15.0002 (May 30th) Vista Driver... ventrilo no longer transmits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vixro

I run Vista Home Premium 64bit.

After recently updating the x-fi sound drivers to get more features out of my x-fi card, I found a problem that I don't like and haven't found a fix for yet.

After downloading the 2.15.0002 x-fi vista 64bit drivers, transmitting doesn't work in Ventrilo anymore. My microphone works outside of Ventrilo and I have tested it... I can hear people in ventrilo, my transmit key is working, but I am not transmitting any volume whatsoever anymore. Not low volume, just none.

This happened right after updating to the latest x-fi drivers. Multiple ventrilo changes and tests and emulations have not fixed this issue for me.

edit: fixed by rebooting..... ;)

Last edited:
Ugh, I am still having problems with this. I sound like a helicopter in vent. Almost as if I have a fan blowing on my microphone... but there are no fans. It's also a headset that sounds VERY clear within Windows, but on Vent it sounds crappy.

I sounded find in 32bit Vista.

I have the latest Creative drivers, 64bit Vista Premium.
I have tried using Run as administrator, different directsound type options, emulation of XP SP2... no fix. Every codec and every frequency in ventrilo sounds like trash, some don't even transmit voice just frequency sound.

Any ideas are appreciated, I think it's a conflict of the newest Creative drivers, vista 64bit, and Ventrilo.

Well I finally solved this problem, it was directly related to the Latest x-fi driver. I downgraded to the 2.13 set of drivers released in March and the problem was fixed immediately.

Back